Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday Dear Sara
























I'm so glad you're finally truly happy. I'm so glad that you are being taken care of by your sweet husband and you can stay home with your darlings & see all their firsts & really experience the joys of motherhood. I'm so glad that you can be their role model because what a great mother and example you are! I'm so glad that after all these years, we're still friends. I know we will still be friends in 30 more years.

If I was there, I'd take you out & we'd get manis & pedis. We'd go to lunch toting our little ones around. I'd tell the waiter it was your birthday to try to embarrass the crap out of you. If there was a balloon maker at the restaurant, we'd have them make us funny hats & we'd wear them for the rest of the day. We'd have them make the boys swords & they'd dart around playing pirates with each other. The girls would get a flower that they could wear on their wrists like a corsage. If I was there, I'd watch the kids so you could take a nap & then we'd go run around some more.

Thinking of you on this lovely day. I'm so happy that we know what's really important in this life & that we are striving to achieve it. You were a great example to me when I started going back to church & I will be forever grateful to you for that! I remember feeling a longing for what you had...the temple. Maybe I was remembering what we knew from the pre-existence & the amazing way it must feel there. All I know is that I knew I was missing out on something BIG & I wanted it. And now here we are.

As we get wrinkly and turn gray down the road, may we remember that with those rites of passages have come great blessings & experiences & a life full of love.

Happy, happy 30th birthday, dear friend. A milestone...but what fun and awesome adventures the future holds!

Sistas forever!
Xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. This just made me cry. I love you so much! So blessed to have such an amazing life long friend!! Seriously, really miss you right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love that my birthday marks the anniversary of our friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete