Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Sunshine!


















On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, "Life will never be the same."  Because there had never been anyone like you...ever in the world.

So enchanted with you were the wind and the rain that they whispered the sound of your wonderful name.

It sailed through the farmland high on the breeze...over the ocean...and through the trees.  Until everyone heard it and everyone knew of the one and only ever you.

Not once had there been such eyes, such a nose, such silly, wiggly, wonderful toes.

When the polar bears heard, they danced until dawn.  From faraway places, the geese flew home.   The moon stayed up until morning next day.  And none of the ladybugs flew away...

Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born.
(Excerpt from the book "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman)

Dear Sweet Blakeley Jewel...

You have such an amazing and fun personality.  You make me laugh all the time.



















































































Your smile lights up a room.  And those dimples...oh, those dimples.








































And your hair...oh, the hair.



Two years ago was one of the best days of my life.  And my life will never be the same. It is so much better with you in it. It's so much richer and more meaningful. 

You teach me how to play. You teach me how to laugh.  You teach me to forgive.  You teach me what it is to serve.  You teach me that life is beautiful and to enjoy it.  You teach me what family should be.  Thank you for being my teacher.  

You are my sunshine.

1 comment: