Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blakeley Can TALK!



















I'm really amazed at Blakeley's development in the last six months.  She's about to turn two and she's just on an entirely different level than six short months ago.  I remember when she started nursery, there were some other girls who had just turned two & I was shocked at how much further ahead they seemed than Blakeley.  But Blakeley is now at that stage!

Here are some of the things she can do now:

Say "yeah" and "no" appropriately.  (What the...?!  Shocking!  At least the way she says "no" is cute!  And she actually doesn't say it in a back talking way.  If I ask her if she wants something, like a certain thing to eat, she can say "yeah" or "no."  Crazy!)

She was riding her little toy car the other day & she said, "Beep, beep!"  I had never heard her do that before & I may have laughed out loud.  I thought it was the cutest thing!

She loves to open the refrigerator & dishwasher.  She always tries to pull dishes out of the dishwasher so I have to put the knives as far away as possible to prevent that hazard.  She's also been known to grab strawberries out of the container & eat them as a snack.


















She says "please," "thank you," and "sorry."  When she wants something, we tell her to say "please."  When we give her something she wants or when someone else does something nice for her we tell her to say "thank you."  When she's mean & hits or does something she's not supposed to do, we have her say "sorry" and kiss the "boo boo" wherever she hit.

She started opening doors a few months ago so we put the childproofing door knob covers on all the doors.

She always says "hot" about the stove & oven.

She brings me the TV remote when she wants to watch TV. 

She's been doing perfect somersaults on the ground for about three months now.

She will repeat basically any word that I tell her to say.

She understands "boo boo" and points to her little scars on her feet from where she picked scabs & always says "boo boo." 

She tells me sometimes when she went "poo poo."  (Mission Potty Training will begin soon).

She just started saying "Phoebe."

She's obsessed with bubbles and says "bubbles" and "outside."

She tells me "all done" when she's done eating.

She says "shoes" and brings me shoes out of her drawer when she wants to put them on.

She can say "binky."

She loves to open & close the DVD player & put CDs and DVDs in it.  (This drives me nuts because she will keep putting them in and not in their slots so one day it was making a crazy noise after she put one in.)

She can turn on music on her CD player in her room.  She knows where the play button is on it & pushes it all the time.

I think she understands way more words and instructions than what she can say too.  I try to talk to her & say lots of words & explain things to her.  I can ask her to go get some pants, a shirt, socks, shoes, the TV remote, my water bottle, her sippy cup, her binky, her blankie, etc... and she goes & gets it.

The other day she pointed to a picture of Tyson that is on her bedroom wall & said "Da da."  It was really cute.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I'll have to add to this list so I can remember down the road!

She is so funny & sweet & I want to remember all of this as she gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment