Monday, June 21, 2010

Super Bob...The Everyday Hero


  
To my fantastic Father in law...Super Bob.


One word...Selfless. 

When I look at the picture above, it's a perfect representation of how he is...he always puts everyone else in front of him.

He's always doing quiet acts of service for others.
Last October, Tyson and I went to Cali for my high school reunion and for Blakeley's baby blessing.  We were running late to my reunion and we were still supposed to go grocery shopping for the blessing the next day.  The next day was Sunday so we couldn't go to the store. 

The hero saves the day...Bob went grocery shopping for us as we got ready to head out to my reunion.  I was truly touched and impressed by his willingness to do this for us.  That's just the way he is...always genuinely WILLING and happy to help.  This is just one example of the many times he has gone above and beyond for us.  Time and time again, I've witnessed him go the extra mile for one of his kids.  

His response when you thank him for something is, "Glad to do it."
I've adopted that response.

I understand why Tyson is such a positive person.  He has a fantastic role model in his Dad.

Thank you, Super Bob for being such a great example and for always going above and beyond for us.
We love you.  Happy Father's Day!


P.S. His wife is the exact same way! Amazing people.

1 comment: