Sunday, June 13, 2010

In His Steps


"The road is rough," I said, "Dear Lord, there are stones that trip me so."  And He said, "Dear child, I understand, I walked it long ago."

"But there is a cool green path," I said, "let me walk there for a time."  "No child," he gently answered me, "the green road does not climb."

"My burden," I said, "is far too great, how can I bear it so?"  "My child," said He, "I remember it's weight, I carried my cross, you know." 

"But," I said, "I wish there were friends with me who would make my way their own."  "Ah yes," he said, "Gethsemane was hard to face alone."

And so I climbed the stoney path content at last to know.  That where the Master had not gone, I would not need to go.

And strangely then, I found new friends, the burden grew less sore.  As I remembered long ago, He went that way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment