Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally Adjusted


So after 7 months, I finally feel like I've adjusted to moving to San Antonio.  I guess it's pretty normal for it to take that long when you uproot yourself from one place to another.

I also feel like I've adjusted to being a stay at home Mom which is a good feeling.  I'm enjoying it more and more.

I'm enjoying my ward and my calling in Young Womens a lot more also.  I feel a lot more comfortable which makes a huge difference.  I feel like I've made a lot of friends and there are a ton of people our age in our ward.  I'm glad I'm not really shy so I just introduce myself to people all the time.

It's just nice to be over the adjustment period.  Change is hard- especially a lot of change at the same time.

Another change is coming...
My baby is about to turn one.  I'm not that excited for her to get older.  Part of me wishes she could stay itty bitty forever, but on the other hand, I'm excited for our relationship to develop as she goes through the different stages of life.  I'm excited for her to one day want to cuddle with me!  Right now I get slapped, kicked, and bit a lot.  I've figured out that B's way of showing love is by patting.  Sometimes she pats my shoulder when I'm holding her.  It's pretty funny.

I'm grateful that I've been able to stay home with her to watch her grow and change.  I love how I know her well since I'm with her everyday.  I know that when she's eating but starts acting like she's done, you can get her to eat at least ten more bites by singing to her.  Lately, her song of choice is "M-I-C...K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E!  Mickey Mouse!  (Donald Duck!)  Mickey Mouse!  (Donald Duck!)  Da da da da da da da da da da!"  Repeated a bunch of times.

I know that when her head is turned sideways while she's eating, if you turn the spoon towards her mouth, she'll still take a bite.  I know that you have to add a bit of salt to most of her baby food in order for her to eat it.  I know that familiar whimper that indicates when she's tired and that Dora is her favorite cartoon.  She smiles as soon as she recognizes that Dora is on and she kind of dances while sitting down when the backpack song comes on.  Very cute.

I'm grateful that I recognize my divine role as a mother. That I can appreciate the small, fleeting moments of pure happiness that rest on me for only a few seconds.  It's during these moments of tranquility that everything makes sense and that I can see clearly.  I wouldn't trade these moments for anything in the world.  It's a little glimpse into heaven.

I love rocking Blakeley in my chair and just sitting with her.  It's probably the best part of my day.  I love when I hold her and dance around the room with her.  She loves that too.

I love motherhood.

1 comment: