Thursday, June 17, 2010

Milestone...Better Late than Never


Today we hit a huge milestone.  Blakeley slept in her crib in her own room for the first time.  She slept in it for her two naps and she's currently in there sleeping for the night.  I know, I know...most babies start sleeping in their own room in their own crib when they are like 3 months old or younger.  B turns 11 months tomorrow so it's about time!  I do have some valid reasons for waiting so long, however.

Mostly it's because of our move.  Moving into a new place is adjustment enough and since I wasn't comfortable in the house, it made it difficult for me to have Blakeley sleep in her own room.  She's been sleeping in our room in a pack and play.  The hardest thing for me in this house is the fact that all of the other bedrooms are at the opposite end of the house so I feel like it's really far away from our room.  If there was a room right next to ours, I'm sure I would have had her sleeping in there as soon as she outgrew her Moses basket.  And I would have had no problem with it if we were still in our Florida house since I was used to that house (and her room was right next to ours).

Another thing about this house is that there are windows on both sides of the front door and at night it freaks me out so I finally put up the decorative privacy adhesive so that you can't see in or out.  That has helped a lot as well since I have to walk by the front door to get to B's room.

Lastly, since I wasn't comfortable in the house, I had not even set up B's room the way I wanted it.  So this past week, I painted and decorated it and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I'll post pics of it tomorrow.  It's really fun to be in so we've been spending time in there and that has helped me feel a lot more comfortable as well. 

But it made no difference to Blakeley where she slept.  She's been totally fine and has not fussed at all.  I'm going to exchange the normal sound monitor for a video monitor, however, for my peace of mind.  I will just feel more comfortable since her room is so far away.  I sound like a worry wart!  I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. 

I invested in one of those Baby Einstein motion aquariums that you attach to the crib where the fish move and it plays music.  I really like it & so does Blakeley! 



P.S. I can't believe Blakeley is 11 months old today.  (It's after midnight).  Where the heck did the time go?  It's insane.


2 comments:

  1. !!! B is too cute! she is always smiling. I can't wait to see her cut enew room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! And you know what, it is okay to have the baby in the room with you for longer than 3 months! I swear! Eve slept in our room until she was about that age, maybe a bit older. I loved it. I plan on keeping baby boy in our room for just as long too!

    ReplyDelete