Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Heavenly Father Loves Me




















With Father's Day this past Sunday, it caused me to reflect on not only the earthly Fathers in my life, but my Heavenly Father as well.

One of my favorite primary songs is “My Heavenly Father Loves Me."  I sing it to Blakeley all the time.



















Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.

How can you read these lyrics or sing this song and not feel the spirit? 
















I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father.  I'm grateful that He knows the beginning to the end and that He enables us to grow and learn.  Some of the things we have to endure in this life are not very fun at all but I'm grateful for the people He places in our paths to help us along the way.  I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for the knowledge that I have about this life.  I want to live with Heavenly Father again someday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment