Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!


Another year has come and gone in a blink of an eye. A year threaded with blessings...


We have been in San Antonio for a year now and are enjoying it. Tyson's job is going well and he's always extremely busy. He's still a Regional Sales Manager for Cellular Sales and he's currently over 9 stores and manages 22 employees. His goal is to become a Partner in the company and run his own market which we are hoping will happen in the next 2-3 years. While work takes up the majority of his time, we manage to squeeze in some quality family time. We know that his hard work will pay off in the future.

Blakeley turned one in July and is growing up so quickly. Part of me wishes she could stay little forever but I'm constantly amazed and impressed at the new things she does as she grows and develops. I love how she's starting to reciprocate and show her love for us. Not a day goes by that I don't laugh at something Blakeley does. She is a ray of sunshine and is truly such a happy, smiley girl. We definitely lucked out. She loves to watch The Wiggles and Dora the Explorer. She can even say "backpack." She loves the moon and always points to it as well as airplanes in the sky. She also loves playing tug-o-war with our dog, Phoebe. They tug back and forth on a little stuffed pink bone. It’s hilarious!

I've been a stay at home Mommy since Blakeley was born and I relish the special moments when I get to see her discover new things and reach new milestones. We like to go to Sea World, the zoo, the park, have play dates with friends, take walks, and especially, dance around the house and be silly. It's really fun when I hide behind a corner of the couch and when Blakeley walks over, I jump out and say, "Boo!" She knows I'm there but cracks up every time. We do that a few times and we both laugh and laugh. We have a lot of fun together. I'm grateful for Tyson's hard work to provide for our family which allows me to care for our daughter and create her world.

At church, we both recently got new callings. Tyson is now the Sunday school teacher for 13 and 14 year olds. I was recently released as Young Womens Secretary and I'm now the Compassionate Service Leader. I think these are great callings for us and we are looking forward to them.

Perhaps our biggest update is that we're having another baby! I'm currently 20 weeks along and due April 22. And...it's a GIRL! Her name will be Skylar Bloom Haas. We are so excited for our upcoming arrival...girls are so much fun! Blakeley is so happy to have a little sister. They will be 21 months apart.

Since becoming a stay at home Mommy, I've learned to appreciate the small, profound moments in life. It’s amazing how parenthood changes your perspective and allows you to see glimpses of heaven. As I look back on the last few years, I'm amazed at the growth and stepping stones that have led us to where we are now. I know that we have truly been guided by the Spirit of the Lord and I'm so grateful for that guidance and direction. We each have a purpose in this life and are placed in other people's paths for a reason.

Blakeley's wish: For all of us to realize the miracles that surround us everyday. Take time to admire the vast blue sky. Sparkling stars. Lovely flowers. A baby's smile. This life is a gift. ..there is beauty in everyday.
We are so grateful for our Savior and for this season that reminds us of his humble and selfless example. We hope that your days are filled with joy and that you are truly happy.

We love you!
Tyson, Kendra, Blakeley, and Baby Skylar

No comments:

Post a Comment