Saturday, July 10, 2010

Special Birthday Wishes

Happy Birthday Nathan & Grandma Julie!


The Big 30!!!! 

I can't believe it.  I feel like I'm 19 and you're 20.

Remember when we would play "King of the Hill" and push each other off the top of the couch?  Remember when we used to eat dog food and lick 9 Volt batteries?
Remember when we used to race to the car to see who got to sit in the front seat?
Remember when we used to trade baseball cards and you would trick me to get my good cards? 
Remember when we would sock each other and yell, "Slug bug!?"
Remember when we would run around the house from babysitters at bed time and hide in the dryer? (Sorry Aunt Lulu...)
Remember when you used to lock me in my room?  (What's up with locks on the outside of doors anyway?)
Remember when we would fish for crawdads in the creek behind Trajan school?

Fun memories.
It doesn't feel so long ago.
Now we're all grown up.
You've accomplished so much in 30 years.
I'm proud of the person you've become.
I'm proud to call you brother.

Happy Birthday!  Wish I was there...


Also, a special Happy Birthday to Grandma Julie today too!  Remembering her on this special day.  I love you Grandma!  Thinking of you.
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment