Thursday, July 15, 2010

Childrens Lit 101

These are some of my favorite childrens books!  Most of these are books that I had growing up that I was able to order on Amazon.com.  They are old so they don't sell any of them at stores anymore.  I don't know how I even remembered the titles to some of these.  I just sat down one day and tried to think of books I had growing up because I wanted to read them to Blakeley.  Somehow, keywords came to me and I was able to google them and find them.  I highly recommend these books!


There are Rocks in my Socks Said the Ox to the Fox
By Patricia Thomas
(One of my faves- This one is pretty funny for little kids- about an Ox who is trying to get rocks out of his socks in all kinds of wacky ways)


Moon Mouse
By Adelaide Holl
(About a mouse who thinks the moon is made of cheese)


The Book of Giant Stories
By David L. Harrison


Poochie and the Four Seasons Fair
By Joan Webb
 (Super cute for little girls- GREAT illustrations)


 The following two books are not ones I had growing up but I bought them for Blakeley and I love them.

 Cutie Pie
By Matthew J. Kempler
(It compares a baby to different pies and at the end, it has a surprise but I don't want to spoil it.  Super cute!)

I Love You, Little One
By Nancy Tafuri
(This book is absolutely adorable and will make you teary the first time you read it.  About a Mama's love for her little one. So sweet.)


 As you can see, Blakeley likes to read and lick books...


Just buy them already.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Not only is she licking the book, she's totally makin out with the boy in the book! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, you caught that, huh? Yeah, that boy is sticking his tongue out. ha!

    ReplyDelete