Monday, May 9, 2011

Surgery #2???

12:25pm

Today is a big day. Probably the biggest day since the last surgery. We find out if Skylar needs surgery again or not. I'm praying for a miracle. We're on our way to the hospital now.

4:30pm
Just confirmed that surgery #2 will be tomorrow mid day. Not sure if its remaining webbing or if scar tissue already built up where it's still not allowing liquid to pass through. The surgeon may actually link the stomach & intestines differently & just bypass that problem area. Crazy to think about. At this point, I'm just glad it will be tomorrow so we can get it over with! It would be torture to have to wait.

This morning I prayed about Skylar. Then read these scriptures:

Mosiah 9:18: And God did hear our cries and did answer our prayers; and we did go forth in his might...

1 Nephi 18:21: And it came to pass after they had loosed me, behold, I took the compass, and it did work whither I desired it. And it came to pass that I aprayed unto the Lord; and after I had prayed the winds did cease, and the storm did cease, and there was a great calm.

Mosiah 24:14-16, 21 (verse 15 is how it is for me most days):

14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.

15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.

Alma 17:10-11:

10 And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.

11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Helaman 3:27-28, 35

27 Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon his holy name.

28 Yea, thus we see that the gate of heaven is open unto all, even to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God.

35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

It's such a comfort to read scriptures like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment