Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The End is in Sight!



















8:48am
I'm sooooo happy! Skylar's "problem area" appears to be working! Milk flowed thru stomach & intestines leaving barely any fluid build up in her stomach for 18 hours now! This is huge progress! I'm hoping we will start feeding by mouth today which is the ultimate test. Once we work up to normal feedings by mouth, we'll nurse, & then GO HOME!!!

12:48pm
I just gave Skylar her first bottle with 1 oz! That's way more than I expected we would start with which is great. They actually said I could nurse but I want to go slow. I think she would get too much if I nursed her & we would have no way to monitor her intake. But they said I could nurse! That's huge! I'm going to ask the Dr. when we might be able to take her home if all goes well.

2pm
Dr said if all goes well we can maybe take Skylar home at the end of the week or early next week! Woot woot! Now I just can't get my hopes up.

This progress is all going so much faster than I anticipated.  It's great!

Dad & Linda also sent me flowers which I got today & that was so incredibly sweet.  The outpouring of support is truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment