Sunday, May 1, 2011

Strength Beyond My Own

Most days I've really felt pretty good about everything related to Skylar & the NICU which seems sort of strange to me.  Most days, it has not felt as hard as I think it should feel.  I've definitely had strength beyond my own & I know that is because of the countless prayers that are being sent up on our behalf.  I know people are putting our names in the temple also & I'm so grateful for that.  Some people have apologized that they have not been able to do any physical thing to help us such as babysit or bring a meal by but I know that they have thought about us & prayed about us.  I truly feel that the prayers are just as helpful as the tangible efforts.  I'm so grateful that so many people care about us & are praying for us.

In Sacrament, they announced updates on Skylar a few times & the first time they announced that our baby was born but had an issue & was still in the hospital, I was told that every prayer said that day in church mentioned Skylar.  People told me that every prayer in their home includes Skylar.  That even when their children pray, they pray for baby Skylar.  How sweet & special is that?  It's making me teary just thinking about it.  Amazing people walk this earth.

People have even been posting FB comments on their own page about Skylar & her surgeries asking everyone else that they know on FB to pray for our family.  When I see posts like that, I cry.  It's the sweetest thing. 

The support has been tremendous.  We could not do this on our own.

I guess I'm just surprised that I have felt so strong through it all & that I'm not a blubbery mess 24/7.  Don't get me wrong, there are some hard days.  But surprisingly, they are few.  I thank my Heavenly Father for the strength & energy he is giving me to keep pushing on.  He is giving me strength beyond my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment