Thursday, April 14, 2011

Miracles at Work

I've never been on the receiving end like this where there was a big trial going on in my life where a lot of people were aware of my issue and had great concern for me. I posted on Facebook about Skylar being in the NICU and I asked for people to please pray for us. I have received so many kind messages of encouragement and support. It is so amazing to read those messages and feel of the love and comfort and to actually feel buoyed up. It's as if I can feel the outpouring of love and actually feel the prayers of our friends and family. Although this may be the hardest trial of my adult life, I can recognize the power and miracles at work.

I haven't been thinking, "Why me?" I've actually just been thinking a lot about others that I know who have been through similar experiences and how this experience is going to allow me to relate better to others who have gone through this and those who will go through it. It has made me have a renewed appreciation for Tyson and Blakeley. I love my little family so much.
Sharing the childbirth experience with Tyson is amazing and I remember feeling this way when we had Blakeley as well. It is such a great feeling to have him by my side, supporting me and being there every step of the way. Having him as a companion right there with me as we gaze at the new precious life that we created and admiring her little fingers, hands, and beautiful face-- there's nothing quite like it. It gives me such a renewed sense of appreciation for him. It strengthens our bond and makes me love him so much more. It truly symbolizes to me what marriage is all about.
I also had a blessing today by the Bishop and Tyson and I have felt a lot of strength from that as well. I'm grateful for Priesthood blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment