Monday, April 18, 2011

The Emotional Roller Coaster Continues...


At 12:13pm, I posted this on FB: "Just met with Dr. Baldwin, the surgeon. Surgery around 10:30am tomorrow. She will probably be in NICU for 2 weeks after to recuperate and for monitoring. Dr was nice & confident it will be a success. He had kind eyes.

8:49pm: "I'm off to see my little sweet pea. It's a nightly routine after Blakeley goes to bed. I'm glad we can go to the NICU any time we want."

Journal entry for the day:

I said a prayer this morning and it included asking that Skylar would not be hungry and that she would be comfortable. After my prayer I opened my scriptures and this was maybe the 7th verse that I read:


Alma 31:38 and the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suFfer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of (Kendra) Alma; and this because (s)he prayed in faith.  Amazing.

Alma 32

Alma 32:6


I have been humbled by this experience. I was so complacent for so long. The Lord caused me to be humble.

Alma 32:12

To learn wisdom...brought to a lowliness of heart and made to be humble

Alma 32:13

COMPELLED TO BE HUMBLE...seeketh repentance

Alma 32:23

*Angels are administering to Skylar

Alma 32:26-43

HAVE FAITH.
Yesterday while holding Skylar the thought came to me that this is a taste of the pain Heavenly Father must have felt regarding the sacrifice of Jesus.

Alma 33:5-11. HF hears my prayers

Alma 33:23

Joscelyn's post- Jack Johnson song...

My reply to her:

And not just family togetherness...with everything going on reading this made me think of unity in terms of a lot of people...like our ward family. Strength in numbers. I know a lot of people are praying and fasting for us and I can feel that. Such a comfort...we're all in this journey of life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment