Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Comfort of Little Things

In the NICU, a nurse named Mandi made us this little name sign that is taped to Skylar's big bed.  It's so cute.  They make one for all the babies and I think it's really special to personalize Skylar's temporary home. Everything is so hospitalish so this was really nice.















And then a group of volunteers called Threads of Love make little blankets,hats, & booties for babies in the NICU.  I came to the hospital one day to find this adorable pink crocheted blanket & matching booties on Skylar.  I love this little blanket.  Again, it was truly comforting and I appreciate so much the kindness of other people who give their time and talent to help lift the burden of someone they don't even know.  I was touched & intend to send a thank you letter to them.























These were little things but they meant so much to me & they really did make a huge difference in our experience at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment