Friday, April 15, 2011

An Image of Comfort

This morning I prayed for Skylar to feel of Heavenly Father's love and comfort and then about 10 mins later the thought and image came to my mind of Jesus sitting next to her bed and then I saw an image of Him holding her and rocking her at the hospital.
Such a comforting image.  Exactly what I needed.

At 10:34am, I posted this on FB: "I'm going to see Skylar in the NICU. Hopefully they can give us some more concrete info today since we don't know much at this point. On a happy note, my Mom comes into town today! And it's her Birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! Can't wait to see you!

At 12:18pm, I posted this on FB: "Good news about Skylar! She's doing a lot better & they are going to take the tubes out of her throat today & try feeding her a little. If she doesn't spit up then they can keep the tubes out & continue to feed her slowly & then I can start nursing her again! If she continues to do well then she could go home in about a week. I feel so much better since it sounds optimistic. Let's hope she keeps her food down."

At 10:19pm, I posted this on FB: "More good news on Skylar! The IV & tubes are out and she was able to keep fluids down. They're going to start giving her small amounts of milk and if she's able to keep that down then I can start nursing her again tomorrow. If she doesn't have any more episodes then there's even a chance she'll be released in the next couple days! Thank you everyone for your prayers. I'm really hoping things continue to go well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment