Wednesday, August 10, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

I don't think I've ever been so incredibly happy to be home.  It was soooo good to see our family & friends but I was just ready to come home towards the end.  I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks.

I got home from Utah last night a little after midnight. My Mom ended up coming with me to keep me company & help during the drive & I really appreciate her doing that. If I was by myself during the drive with the girls, it would have been a lot harder. She's going to stay & visit for a week & fly home next Wednesday. I'm happy to say that I drove the whole way though! I guess that proves I'm a big girl...it took 26 hours (2 days) including the stops.  (We left Monday at about 9:30am and drove until 11pm and then Tuesday we drove from about 9:45am until 12:30am)

*Funny memory:  We stayed at a hotel and my Mom couldn't find the little hotel shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. Blakeley must have thought they were valuable because she had put them in the safe! hee hee. 

When I contemplate the trip, I have a lot of mixed feelings.

It was really fun, yet it was horrible.  (It was actually the hardest after Tyson left because it was hard to deal with Blakeley by myself since she's such a busy body & I had both girls.  It's a lot harder to take care of a toddler at someone else's house for multiple days when you're out of your element & away from home).

It was really long, yet it was short.  (I feel like I was gone for a month).

As I was driving home when there were only a couple hours left, I got kind of teary just thinking about how excited I was to get home & I recognized that I would just feel a sense of relief when I got there.  In a way, getting home represented closing the chapter on Skylar's hospital stay & health issue.  I'm ready to rediscover what normalcy is...

I love kissing these cheeks.
























Ahhhhhhh, I'm breathing that sigh of relief.  It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment