Thursday, August 4, 2011

DISCHARGED!!! (...again)


















Today was a great day!  9 days after being admitted & 8 days after surgery, Skylar was discharged from the hospital.  Yippeeeeee!  They started feeding her two days ago & everything went well.  She didn't throw anything up & she has been pooping like normal.  I didn't expect to get discharged this soon but I couldn't be happier about it.
























Mama loves her little sweet pea!


















After we left the hospital, we met up with great friend, Talana for lunch at Cafe Rio!  Talana was one of my young women in Florida.  She & a lot of the other young women from our Tampa 2 ward have since moved to Utah.  It was so fun to see them a week ago & to meet up with Talana again today!  I love them so much!  They are my babies.



































And then we went to see my childhood friend, Angie & her adorable family.  It was a great visit & although we don't see each other often, it's never awkward & we just pick up where we left off.  Don't you just love those kinds of friends?


















So it was a really fun day & I've enjoyed this trip, considering Skylar was in the hospital.  It seems like the coping mechanism just kicked in & we had a lot of distractions like family reunion & seeing good friends & it made the situation a lot easier to deal with.  And seeing the beautiful mountains while we're driving has been an added bonus. 

Tyson flew home yesterday & ever since he left I've been feeling a little homesick.  I feel better now that Skylar is with me but after her ordeal, I'm ready to go home.  I think I'll probably start driving home on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Are you here in UTAH??????? Where are you??? Come and see us!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete