Sunday, April 29, 2012

Prayers for Birklee and Stacy













As I see posts on Facebook about good friends and little girls needing heart surgery, my heart aches because I know how hard it is to go through those types of experiences.  They are so difficult because everything is out of your control and it's like an entirely different level of hardship than your normal everyday stress.  And they come out of nowhere when you're least expecting it. 

The other day I saw that my friend, Paul's little four year old niece, Birklee needed heart surgery which she successfully endured, thank goodness. 

Tonight I read that my sweet friend, Stacy (who had just had her 3rd baby five days prior) had an episode this past Thursday where she thought she was having an anxiety attack and at the ER, actually had to have her heart shocked because it turns out she has a rare heart condition and needs surgery which is scheduled for Monday.  The medical staff said that the fact that she lived through that episode was a miracle.

Sweet, sweet Birklee and sweet, sweet Stacy!  I know how difficult these experiences are and the emotional roller coaster they take you on.  The fear, the stress, the anxiety...the unknown.  It's all so foreign and scary. 

My friend, Paul posted this on FB:

I don't find it fair that while my little girl sleeps peaceful in her bed, another little girl just as sweet, beautiful, and innocent (his niece) sleeps in a hospital bed for the third time with an incision on her chest and tubes throughout her body. ...All I can take from this is that trials make us strong. Without them we wouldn't know the joy of love, the importance of family, or the feeling of the Saviors arms wrapped around us in times of despair and sadness. I know that angels stand in reverence in the hallways of Primary Children's hospital, answering the prayers of so many. Mine were answered today. So keep praying. :)

This makes my heart ache and gives me instant tears...I can relate so much.  Skylar had her 3rd surgery at Primary Childrens Hospital as well when she was three months old.  Everything he said is the exact truth.  In my life, that experience with Skylar was one of the three hardest things I've ever gone through.  But I learned so much...about life, about myself, and about Heavenly Father's love and tender mercies.  It changed me and helped prepare me to be the person I'm supposed to be for the future opportunities and challenges that are coming.   

I will pray my heart out for sweet Birklee to continue to heal and for sweet Stacy's surgery to be successful and for her to have a speedy recovery.  I know from their FB posts that they feel the love and prayers of everyone. 

Reading FB messages helped me so much when Skylar was in the hospital.  I remember reading them while Skylar was in surgery and crying at the overwhelming support and the love that I felt.  I could literally feel the love...it felt tangible.  Amazing.

I am so grateful for prayer and for my scriptures.  I would be a crazy person without them.  I've actually said that to a few people recently..."I would be a crazy person without prayer and scriptures."  It's true.

Birklee & Stacy...You are strong!  You are loved!  You can do this!
(((Hugs)))

1 comment:

  1. Prayers are heading their way. They are lucky to have a friend like you who understands their heartache and will reach out on their behalf. We love and miss you guys and pray for the best for this family.

    ReplyDelete