Saturday, April 7, 2012

Just Call Me "Mrs. Domesticated"























I've been extremely busy the last few months and the weeks are flying by.  I've basically been working part time cooking & cleaning for members in the ward.  I cook for one family on Tuesdays- She sends me the recipe for the meal she wants me to make & I cook the meal at my house.  Then they pick it up in the afternoon.  I also clean for two families- one family twice a week and another family once a week.  I've actually been taking the girls with me when I clean, believe it or not.  Sometimes the girls are a challenge & Blakeley likes to make messes sometimes while I clean but overall, it's worked out well.  So between these jobs, normal daily life, and taking care of the girls, I'm busy, busy!  But I'm actually enjoying it and it's nice to feel productive.  It's also teaching me some good cooking skills.  Cooking from scratch with recipes is really not that hard!

Within the last couple weeks, it's actually motivated me to really organize and deep clean my house.  I've been doing a lot every day and my house is looking great.  I now truly understand the saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."  Having a clean house makes me feel so much better and maintaining it, while, a lot of work, is becoming a habit that is feeling pretty natural.  There's been lots of times in the past when I will get into a really good groove and keep my house clean and then life happens and I get in a funk and things go to crap but this time feels different.  I am going to keep it up and it feels great!  I even organized our master closet, including Ty's side...it only took two years to do!  Anyway though, it's amazing what a really clean house can do!  I will also have to post a pic of my front yard.  It's amazing what planting some flowers, adding a wreath to the door, and getting a new doormat can do.  I'm lovin it!  Pic to follow on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment