Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Skylar Bloom!


























4.12.11     5lbs 8oz      19.5 inches

Skylar Bloom,

My strong, beautiful child. You have been through so much in your first year of life. Three surgeries within your first three months. You have taught me so much about life, love, and compassion.

I used to call you "my little old man" because of your bald head. I remember how excited I was when I saw you had two dimples. It's fun when you notice those types of things for the first time about your child.

You have the most beautiful, big blue eyes and they light up so much when you smile. And that smile...it's one of a kind. You are always so happy. You are a force to be reckoned with and are a great example of strength to everyone around you.

Your big sister loves you so much. And you love her too. You both get so excited when you see each other first thing in the morning. You both squeal with delight and it's the cutest thing.

You are a great teacher. If I had to choose one thing that I've learned the most since you entered my world...it's compassion. You have made me a better person. A more humble person. A stronger person. You are an example of what it means to fight, perservere, and ultimately, triumph. You have taught me that we can endure and conquer hard things. My life will never be the same and I will never be the same. I am a way better person from all that you have taught me.

What a journey it's been. I'm so glad you're mine.

Happy Birthday sweet pea!

No comments:

Post a Comment