Friday, October 28, 2011

Temple Blessings












Today I did a session at the temple & I love when a member of the temple presidency comes in & greets us & welcomes us to the temple right before the session starts.  They always share a thought from a prophet regarding the temple & the blessings it brings when we attend the temple & I always feel the spirit from their words.  Today he said that President Hinckley once said that when we attend the temple, we are promised that we will have a shield of protection, not only for us but for the ones we love the most.  I’ve never heard that before & when he said it, I immediately thought of Skylar & her stomach issue because sometimes I worry that the adhesions will come back & that she’ll need surgery again.  I try not to think about it but the other night I even had a dream that it happened again & she needed surgery again. 
It’s just always sort of in the back of my mind although I try to stay positive about it & the chances are pretty slim that it will happen again.  Today I was sort of worried because Skylar had not pooped all day & I realized recently that’s the first sign that there’s a problem- even before the throwing up begins.  If she doesn’t poop for a day or two, chances are, something is wrong.   Anyway, so I immediately thought of her when he said that & I felt like she would be ok.  I love moments like that when I feel the spirit & I feel like I receive personal revelation. 
I've finally been taking advantage of living only 3 miles from the temple & I've been going weekly.  Although the temple was closed the last two weeks so I couldn't go.  But I went the three weeks before that & I went today.  I have noticed a difference from going.  I'm able to deal with stress and the trials we have been facing in a more positive way.  They don't feel as overwhelming and I've had the motivation to do things lately that I normally would not have the motivation or energy to do.  It's really cool. 
This is the celestial room.  This picture doesn't do the stained glass justice but it's beautiful and the afternoon sun shines on it perfectly so it looks like heaven's light is shining down from the clouds.  It's a tree with clouds and sunlight rays at the top.














I'm grateful to have the temple so close.  Today I remembered how grateful I was to drive by it every time I drove to the hospital while Skylar was admitted nearby.  What a sweet gift that was to me...to have that symbol of faith & hope & peace during that time!

1 comment:

  1. I know where you live then, if you live that close to the San Antonio temple! Beautiful post. I wish I could go more often!

    ReplyDelete