Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm a Mormon!

I love the new mormon.org campaign that the church is doing.  Every time I see the commercials on TV (which they just started running here in San Antonio), I feel the spirit so strong.

Here is my profile on mormon.org:

Hi, I'm Kendra



















A wife & mother. A "Ring Around the Rosie" expert. I love color. I require chocolate. And I'm a mormon.

About Me

I'm a wife to a wonderful man and a mother to two beautiful girls. They are my world. I gave up a successful career so I could be home to raise my children. I wanted to be the one to teach them and watch them grow and see all their magical firsts.

I'm becoming an expert at "Ring around the Rosie" and I almost have the movie, Tangled memorized. My favorite moments in the day are kissing my baby's cheeks, hearing my daughter's laugh, and seeing the squeals of delight when Daddy gets home. I wish I could bottle the feelings these moments bring and relive them at any time of my choosing. They are moments of pure JOY. The fleeting moments of happiness that we all yearn for.
My family is my number one priority but I also love interior design and fashion...I need color in my life! I also enjoy writing, running, chocolate, and sunshine.

Why  I am a Mormon

I have a deep rooted knowledge & a love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. His love is pure & unconditional. It doesn't matter what mistakes you've made. He is always there & will never leave you.

I've learned that it's OK to make mistakes as long as we learn from them. Far more importantly, I've learned that it's NEVER too late, no matter how far you've strayed. The Lord loves you. I've felt the arms of an angel wrap around me when I felt utterly & completely alone. The Lord wants to help us. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness. And when you do, the wave of pure joy and bliss that flows into your life is indescribable. It transforms you & helps you become the person you are supposed to be. It allows you to see the everyday miracles that happen all around you. You can then use the experiences & knowledge that you've learned to help others.

I've learned that the only way to be happy is to make good choices. Your life is made up of individual choices you've made in the past & your future life depends on the choices you're going to make. We must choose wisely.

I've learned that without pain & sorrow, we wouldn't know joy. This life is for us to learn & grow. I've had a lot of heartache in my life & each time my heart has mended, it's reaffirmed to me that you can overcome any trial in this life by leaning on our Savior, Jesus Christ. No trial or test in life can overwhelm you as long as He is your partner.

I've learned that we each have a purpose & a path created specifically for us. There are things only you can do. And with your individual experiences, talents, and abilities, there are people that only YOU can assist in the way that they need. We are each of infinite worth.

I've learned that God hears & answers prayers. I've seen miracles in my life which have opened my heart & mind & allowed me to see glimpses of heaven. It's these sweet moments that strengthen my faith & help me endure.

This knowledge brings me peace and happiness. This is why I'm a Mormon.

How I Live my Faith

This gospel is such a big part of my life and it's not only a Sunday engagement. First, I try to be a loving and supportive wife and mother. I also try to live by Christ's example which means striving to be a good role model to others around me all the time. I love helping people so I try to serve those around me as often as possible. Not only does it bring feelings of joy, but it helps me forget about my own problems and reminds me that I have a purpose.

I've learned that we all have the power to bring joy to other's lives and to help lift someone's burden. If I think of someone that I know and feel like there's something I should do for them, there's normally a reason for it. I know from experience that it's important to act on any feelings or promptings that I receive. Time and time again, I've seen the hand of the Lord in my life and in other people's lives when promptings are acted upon. Its very apparent to me that God places people in our lives to help us through the journey.

I've held many positions in the church and my favorites have been teaching the 7-8 year old children and being a mentor and working with the young women, ages 12-18. I have also loved teaching and learning from the adult women. Responsibilities given to me at church have taught me to be a leader and a teacher. I've learned public speaking skills and it has enabled me to be more outgoing in settings where I wouldn't have been, had I not learned these skill sets at church.

It's a privilege to meet and work with such special people where we all share the same beliefs and have the same standards. They are great examples to me and make me want to strive to be a better person. We are an extended family and it's such a blessing to have the gospel in my life. We know of the happiness it brings and that's why we want to share it with others.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
Go to mormon.org to see the awesome videos and profiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment