Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Rollerskate
















Although this picture looks like it was circa 1976, it was actually 1999.  What you behold before your very eyes is my ultra cool first car, "The Rollerskate."  My good friend, Chelsea Suafoa named this beauty and many adventures we had in this hunka junk.  It had a dent in the side, no heater, no radio, no air conditioning.  We rolled with a "boombox" in the backseat that was powered by some D batteries.  (I'm embarrassed to use the word boombox.)  Wow, shows my age.  I did just turn 30.  Amazingly, guys still hit on us!

I never had a picture of this gem until tonight when my friend, Kim Hicks uploaded it on her Facebook page.  This will fun to come back and look at in 20 years with my kids to show them how lucky they are that they will never have to drive such an awesome car as this.  Oh, and I must mention how this car used to swerve when I would drive it which I now know was probably some kind of axle issue.  Scary!

Ahhhh, the good ol' days.  Many a days did I sweat while driving this car in the summertime.

1 comment:

  1. Sweat we did in that car!!! Wow what memories, we had such an awesome time together in our teenage years. I swear I can remember exactly what it felt like to be driving with you in the car, even being in our bikini tops and shorts with our sweaty backs sticking to the seats. Love u K!

    ReplyDelete