Saturday, January 15, 2011

Where is a Magical Jar When I Need One?
























Today Blakeley and I were playing with her toys in the living room and I was laying on the ground with my head on her blanket, partly because she gets a kick out of me laying on the ground for some reason and partly because I was tired.  Out of the blue, she walks over, leans down, puckers her lips and gives me a kiss!  I was in shock and was like, "Awwww...that was sooo sweet!!!"  If your heart could melt, mine would have at that moment.

This is the girl who pinches, scratches, and/or bites me regularly.  She is not very cuddly at all (which I'm hoping will change in the future since I would love to cuddle with her!)  She's probably only come up to me and given me a kiss without me asking like maybe 4 times.

Today was precious though.  I wish I could freeze moments like that and capture them in a jar or a magical picture frame where I could look at them later and not only see the experience again but to FEEL how I felt at that exact moment.  These moments are so fleeting and all I can do is write it down so that I will remember it later.  What a special moment and a special spirit in my little girl.

This is what parenthood is all about!

Amid the chaos and the sometimes frustrating times when your kid doesn't listen or purposely does something to test your limits, these types of moments are what make it all worth it.  Can I have more moments like this please?

It made me feel loved.

I was looking at pictures today and here is one when we first brought Blakeley home from the hospital...awwww.  Look at my tiny baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment