Monday, January 17, 2011

Diaper Cake & Happy MLK Day!

I'm having a baby shower at my house this Thursday for my friend from church and this is the diaper cake I made her.  I'm proud of it...it's only the second one I've ever done and I like that I had a theme this time which was birds.  It took a long time to make...probably like 6 hours total.  It would not have taken so long except the rubberband that was holding the bottom tier together broke twice while I was rolling all the diapers since that tier was so big.  So, third time is a charm, I guess!  Special thanks to Tyson for helping me come up with a creative way to hold the bottom tier together since we didn't have a rubberband big enough!






















































































































It was fun to make!  I love being creative.

P.S. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!  He is my favorite person in history. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Great man.

Look what google posted on their homepage in honor of his day.  So cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment