Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blakeley Likes to Play Copy Cat

I need to start writing down all the funny & smart things that Blakeley does so that I remember them later on.  Recently she did the following:

-She saw Tyson doing his hair so she started rubbing her head in the same manner as if putting product in her hair.
-She saw me putting lotion on my legs so later that day, she came up to me and started rubbing my leg.
-She saw me biting my nails so she put her finger in her mouth and just kind of moved it around the same way. 

HILARIOUS!

-She knows what a baby doll is now and she likes to give her kisses.  Sometimes her kisses consist of just licking the doll's head.
-She knows what a ball is and can say "ball"
-She points at the moon in all of her books
-She points outside when she hears an airplane
-She loves when I pick her up to stare at food in the microwave
-She's scared of the vacuum and cries when I use it (so I normally either pick her up while I vacuum or do it while she's asleep)
-She loves to dance around at the sound of any kind of music which is always so cute
-Yesterday she had just her elbows on the couch and her feet on the coffee table so she was holding herself up by basically her elbows and feet. 
-Tonight I said, "let's go brush your teeth" and she opened her mouth all wide and then walked to the bathroom so she knows what brushing her teeth means.
-When it's nap time or bedtime, I'll say, "Let's go night night" and if Tyson is home, she will wave at him and then take my hand and we start walking down the hall to start our bedtime routine.  It's pretty funny and cute. (Don't worry- we don't forget to give Daddy "night night kisses."
-Tyson will say, "Give me eskimo kisses" and Blakeley and him will rub noses.  She knows what eskimo kisses are.
-She continues to wave and say "hi" to tons of people when we're at the store and she's sitting in the cart.  That girl makes lots of people smile!

She's definitely entering the terrible two stage though!  Here are some of the "naughty" things she does:

-Climbs on the coffee table when she knows she's not supposed to (Trust me, she knows...she looks right at me as if to say, "What are you going to do about it?!")
-She's been torturing poor Phoebe.  Phoebe will just be sitting around minding her own business and Blakeley will pet her at first and it's so sweet and nice & I tell her, "Good job" and "Good girl" and then she turns around and pulls Phoebe's hair.  It makes me feel so bad for Phoebe!  And I don't know what causes Blakeley to do it! 
-Likes to sometimes pinch, bite, and hit me.  What the...?!

Not sure exactly how to discipline a 1 1/2 year old but I try to be as patient as I can while teaching her that doing those things are wrong.  I think it's just a phase anyway.  She used to bite and pinch me all the time and that has pretty much ended.  Ay, ay, ay...

But the good things far outweigh the misbehavin'!!!

2 comments:

  1. she is so sweet and cute. Even my Dad (not knowing who you guys are) saw your Christmas card in my kitchen and kept commenting on what a cute little girl she is! You should be my next door neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I loved this post. She's such a cutie. I don't know how you could ever be mad at her.

    ReplyDelete