Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Risk

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."



I love this quote.  There are numerous ways to interpret it, but one thing it describes to me is when you remain in a situation just because it's "comfortable" even though you know it's not the right thing for you.  It takes courage to go out of your comfort zone and to take action to make a change.  When you finally do, the metamorphosis that you undergo is liberating and blissful.  You grow and stretch and it's painful but it's worth it.  It requires you to let go. 

Not everyone has experienced this, but I have, and the process for me was life changing and it allowed me to discover myself.  When I think about where I was headed compared to where I am now, it amazes me.  I'm so grateful for the opportunities that we are given in this life.  I'm grateful for the Spirit who reminds us who we really are...children of our Heavenly Father.

 


 

P.S.  Happy 10 month birthday baby girl!  Mommy & Daddy wub you tow much!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I needed this today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Amazing how motherhood can make us reflect. When I look back at my own life I too am amazed.

    You have a beautiful family!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post Kendra! Just what I needed to hear! I've been getting a little anxious since I'm moving this month and leaving my "comfort zone." I know I'll be alright but it's still scary!

    Cute Blakely! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Kendra! I love quotes and this one I will have to jot down. Happy 10th Blakeley you are seriously too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete