Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!
























Today we went to our friend Gabi's pool party and BBQ which was great!  Too bad I don't have any pictures of that.  After the party, we went to a fireworks show.  I wish I got a picture of Blakeley hiding in the stroller with the canopy way over her head because at first, she was scared of how loud they were.  I had warned her that they would be loud but I also told her they would be fun and pretty.  After a few minutes she wasn't really scared anymore & then later she kept wanting to see "more fireworks." It was a good day although Tyson ended up having to work most of the day.

I'm so grateful for this wonderful country we live in and for the freedoms we are blessed with everyday.  What an honor and privilege to be an American and how lucky we are.  I'm so grateful for all the soldiers who have served or who are still serving our country and protecting us.  What a huge sacrifice.  Bless you all!  I asked Tyson to play the song "I'm Proud to be an American" on the way home tonight because we had not heard any music all day and it doesn't quite feel like the 4th of July without hearing that song.  All I know is that we are truly blessed.



Blakeley with her boyfriends...errrr, I mean buddies, Christian and Jackson


Skylar seeing fireworks for the first time since they
were banned last year. Wish the picture was more clear

No comments:

Post a Comment