Friday, July 6, 2012

Best Book Ever










I don't normally read all that much although I used to all the time when I was a kid & loved it.  These days, watching TV is how I relax although I'm trying to make a point to watch less TV.  I borrowed this book from my friend, Maria recently & read it and it honestly is an amazing book.  As she said, "This book changed my life."  Besides the scriptures, I would have to say this is probably the best book I've ever read.  It is about Elder Busche, who was in the Quorum of the Seventy and it's about his conversion to the gospel and his life growing up in Germany under Hitler's regime.  It also describes a lot of his incredible spiritual experiences and amazing experiences that others shared with him when he was a Temple President and Mission President.  I felt the Spirit consistently as I read this book.  He is an amazing person who is such a great example to everyone. 

You will see what I mean if you read this book.  I was so impressed by the standard that he holds himself to and the way he lives his life.  It's truly on a higher level than the average folk.  He talks about how he never did anything without praying first when it came to his business or his family and it's just amazing to see how the Lord directed him and helped him overcome obstacles in his life.  It depicts many miracles that happened to him or people he knew and it is so apparent that Heavenly Father and Jesus are real...that they live...that they love us...and through the miracles that occur in this book (and in our own lives), it is so amazing to recognize that He has all power to move obstacles out of our way to fulfill our righteous desires.  This book is a true testament of God's love for His children.  If you want to read an amazing book where you feel the spirit, this is the one for you!

Thank you Elder Busche!  You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment