Saturday, November 26, 2011

RIP Grandpa Ray


















My Grandpa Raymond Worden passed away on Wednesday.  He was 92.  I didn't know him very well and only met him once when I visited Utah in Dec 2009.  I think it's kind of sad that I only met him once.  He had lived with my Aunt for five years before I found out that anyone in our family even had a relationship with him or spoke to him. 

On the bright side, I am so glad that I at least got to meet him that once!  He is my Mom's Dad and both he and my Grandma Elsie (my Mom's Mom who passed away some years ago) both were thin so that's why I'm skinny...good ol' genetics!  He was very nice and I'm glad I have a picture with him. 

RIP Grandpa.  Love you & can't wait to see you again someday.


















He's holding Blakeley in this picture so I'm glad I have a pic of that as well and that's my Mom.

I think it's interesting that I just read some church talks about what we believe happens after we leave this mortal earth.  Just got the prompting that I should send those articles to my family members so that's what I'm about to do.  Here are the articles below.  They're super good!  Now I know I read them for a reason.  Funny how that works.

http://lds.org/new-era/2008/09/five-scriptures-that-will-help-you-get-through-almost-anything?lang=eng&query=five+scriptures

http://lds.org/general-conference/1992/04/doors-of-death?lang=eng&query=doors+death

http://lds.org/liahona/1977/12/the-spirit-world-our-next-home?lang=eng&query=spirit+world%2C+our+next+home

I'm so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we have of the Plan of Salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment