Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow in San Antonio...What?!



















This past week has been some interesting weather.  Last Sunday was 80 degrees, sunny, & gorgeous followed by the coldest weather I've been in since visiting Utah last year!  It was like 35 degrees on Wednesday and a whopping 25 degrees Thursday & today.  Talk about some schizophrenic weather.  Last night it snowed! The above picture was of our driveway this morning.

The freeways were closed, schools were closed, some businesses were closed.  I was thinking it was weird that they close the freeways just because of some snow but after hearing that there were about 75 accidents this morning because of the snow, now I understand.  There probably would have been more if the freeways were open. 

Tyson had a couple of employees whose cars slid & hit something too.  One of them got their truck stuck on a barrier on a bridge and when he called 911, he was told that they didn't know when anyone would be able to help him so he left his truck there and walked the 3 1/2 hours home...crazy, right?!  Another one hit a curb...

I'm not a big fan of cold weather & after hearing those crazy stories, I figured it was safest to just hibernate indoors so Blakeley & I have been hanging out at home a lot this week. 

I'm just glad it's not normally this cold!





































No comments:

Post a Comment