Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scorpion Scare



















This past Saturday, Blakeley got stung by a scorpion! 

Just looking at the picture makes me disgusted...they are such gross creatures.

Here's what happened...it was morning & she was running around the house playing like she always does.  All of a sudden she started crying out of the blue and it must have sounded like an "I'm hurt" cry because I immediately could tell she got hurt.  I walked over to where she was and I saw the scorpion on the ground in our hallway near the laundry room.  She must have been holding her finger out because I could tell it was her finger that was hurt & I saw two little marks on her middle finger so she must have tried to touch it or pick it up. 

The crazy thing is she only cried for literally about 15 seconds and then she acted completely normal after that. 

How was I, you ask?  Well I was freaked!  I didn't know whether it was poisonous & I had to rush her to the ER or what!  And Tyson was at work so I was left to deal with it all by myself! 

I called a couple people in my ward who are Dr's and they both said that the scorpions here aren't poisonous (phew!) and that I didn't even need to take her to the ER.  I just gave her some infant ibuprofen drops and then proceeded to begin "Mission Exterminate Nasty Creature."  I have a hard time killing anything...even spiders which I hate so it was actually really hard for me to kill the little punk. 

It had gone from my hallway to my entry way which was a good thing so I took a broom and swept it outside and then Tyson's co-worker said to spray it with 409 so I did that & then I crushed it with a rock!  I had to make sure it was really dead.  SO GROSS!!!

Needless to say, I was more traumatized than Blakeley was.  I'm so glad it ended up not being a huge ordeal although it took me about half the day to get over it.

Potentially poisonous creature messes with your kid + Pregnancy Hormones = Me as a Hot Mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment