Monday, May 28, 2012

Heroes of our Day

My Dad, Ken.  Served in Navy for 5 years and Coast Guard for 25 years
My brother, Nathan who currently serves (on right)

I'm so grateful to come from a family of soldiers. I know first hand what it's like to have your loved one deployed across the world & even more important, to recognize their profound service & sacrifice. It gives you an entirely different perspective on war and what our freedom represents. To my ancestors who served, to my Grandpa Gene, My Dad, Ken Champion, and my brother, Nathan Champion...thank you for your service & thank you to everyone else who serves and has served our country. You are the heroes of our day.

Happy Memorial Day.  May we all remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
















I Stand Before You


I stand before you all today
But not one eye can see my way


My time arrived, to leave this earth
A fact so planned, to every birth


It happened where I had to go
My torch for life was so aglow


I transferred while in uniform
Protecting freedom, through a storm


Should I resent I died for you
Not on my life, red white and blue


Please help my family through each day
Tell all my friends, try not to stray


And of the country I did love
Do think of me, through God above


Your memories, brought forth this day
Send love to us, who could not stay


Roger J. Robicheau
Former SP5 US Army

No comments:

Post a Comment