Thursday, November 25, 2010

Guardian Angels


 I'm grateful for Guardian Angels.  I know they exist and help protect us here on earth... 

There are three specific instances that I can recall right now where I know someone was watching out for me and my family.  I know the Spirit is involved in these experiences as well...I think they go hand in hand.

Years ago, before I met Tyson, I was in a situation where I was at home and I got a very strong and powerful impression that I needed to call my brother, Chris and have him come over to my house.  I didn't know why but the prompting was so strong...it was like a warning where I knew I needed to act.  I called my brother and he came right over.  Within a few minutes after he got there, my ex-boyfriend came over who I had recently broken up with.  Let's just say I was extremely happy that I was not alone and that my brother was with me.  Such a powerful example to me of the Spirit acting as a warning signal and protecting me.  

Another example happened only a few months ago.  I was driving with my friend in the passenger seat and her son and Blakeley were in the backseat.  I was in the far left lane on the freeway going like 65 miles per hour.  All of a sudden, the car to my right in the next lane started changing lanes and coming toward me.  I was right next to the car and they must not have seen me.  I immediately reacted and swerved to my left and honked at them and I can't remember if they ended up in front of me or if they corrected themselves and went back into their lane.  All I know is that it was like my car was on auto pilot...I reacted perfectly to the situation, however, it all happened so fast, it was like a guardian angel was helping me and doing it all for me.  I don't know how I was able to react as fast as I did or in a safe way and I don't attribute it to anything I did.  I know a guardian angel helped me that day and I'm so grateful.

The last example happened today and it was pretty scary.  We were at our friend's house for Thanksgiving and all of the final preparation was being done to the food.  My friend opened the oven to pull something out and walked away to put it on the counter.  I was standing nearby and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye, I saw Blakeley walking over toward the oven.  My friend had left the oven open!  Blakeley was literally an inch away from placing her entire open palm on the inside of the HOT oven door.  Again, I reacted so fast that I don't even know how it was physically possible but I was able to grab Blakeley and pick her up seconds before she burned her hand.  I am teary right now just thinking about it...partly because of pregnancy hormones but mostly because I'm so grateful that I was prompted to turn around at that particular second.  I know the Spirit prompted me of impending danger and a guardian angel helped me react so fast.  I am so, so, so grateful for that warning and that I was able to respond quickly enough to prevent what would have been a horrifying experience for all of us.  I don't even want to imagine the outcome had the situation not occurred that way. 

All I can do is pray and thank my Heavenly Father for his tender mercies. 

I'm grateful for Guardian Angels.  I know they exist and help protect us here on earth.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment