Friday, September 24, 2010

Yay for Feel Good Moments!


Last night I decided to take Blakeley for a walk although it was starting to get dark and almost time to put B to bed.  I figured I would just walk up and down the street a couple times so it would just be a short walk.  I just felt like getting out of the house since I've literally barely left the house since coming home from Cali because I feel so sick and crappy.

So up and down the street we went a couple times and then I saw a dog running around.  It looked like the dog in the picture above.  I went up to it and it was really friendly.  It didn't have a tag on so I was worried about it being lost.  It was groomed, however, so I figured someone was missing it, although it had dried dirt all over it's legs.  I figured I'd feed it and keep it in my backyard until morning and then take it to the Humane Society.  I'm a sucker for animals...I love them.

It ran off though when I was about to put it in the backyard so I followed it down the street.  I saw someone in their driveway and asked if it was their dog.  They directed me to a house two doors down and said that the lady there would lose her dog pretty often and that maybe she shouldn't be a dog owner.  I went two doors down and it turned out to be the owner!  She said she had lost the dog TWO MONTHS ago!  She said her kids would be so happy to see the dog in the morning.

As I was walking away, I felt so good to have reunited the dog with it's owner.  Perhaps I had answered that family's prayers?  Isn't it amazing how the Lord uses us as tools in His hands to do the work here on Earth?  I would normally have never gone out that late at night and apparently, I was supposed to for a reason!  Isn't it great to be at the right place at the right time?

Yay for feel good moments!

1 comment: